Aleafia Health brings Canadians medical cannabis care through nationwide clinics, world-class cultivation and distribution facilities, and innovative research.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager Quality Assurance, the Supervisor is responsible for managing product release team, ongoing quality assurance and compliance of cannabis products produced. The incumbent works with a high level of autonomy and authority for decision making. He/she ensures that compliant and effective risk-based Quality Management System exists and is responsible for continuous improvement activities and enabling innovation within quality assurance.
- Provides daily supervision of QA Product team assuring that processes (cultivation, packaging, analytical testing, destruction) are executed effectively and compliant and that resources are planned and utilized effectively.
- Can act as the Quality Assurance Person (QAP) or alternate Quality Assurance Person (aQAP), as applicable, as defined under the Cannabis Regulations.
- Responsible for review and approval of all batch production files and related documents to ensure adherence to applicable regulations, and that all parameters are within the specifications.
- Lead product release team and perform the bulk cannabis and finished product (only when QAP or A/QAP) release. Develop and maintain an efficient review, approval and release process and risk-based Quality Management System in compliance with regulatory requirements and industry recognized best practices.
- Responsible for reporting product release KPI and ensuring that bulk and finished products are released on time.
- Review and approval of all deviations related to product release.
- As applicable, review and approve SOP, protocol, and other quality documents such as CAPA, Change control, PCP, Risk management etc.
- Participate in new product development.
- Assist senior QA manager with site wide inspection readiness preparation.
- Participate in external inspections, internal audits, and facility walkthroughs.
- Participate in preparation and maintenance of regulatory documents, incl. licences, amendments, and monthly reports.
- Train and coach product release team to the highest standards of quality, compliance and technical competency.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience / Education
- Degree in a related scientific field (i.e. pharmaceutical, biotechnology, science, chemistry, microbiology and biology) and ability to be certified as QAP
- 3-5 years hands-on and working experience in a Quality position in food, cannabis or pharmaceutical industry environment.
- 1-3 years experience in leading a team is preferred.
- Experience managing quality systems inclusive of batch record review / release.
- Experience in food and topicals is a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent understanding of the various Cannabis Regulations and GMP.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, particularly in situations where direct manager authority does not exist.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team and collaboratively across the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities, manage multiple priorities, and requests under tight time constraints.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Customer focus, results oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Mostly desk/field work with a mixture of standing and walking and some light lifting.
- Travel may be required provincially.
- Generally fast-paced.
- Occasional exposure to strong odors resulting from testing and production procedures.
- On occasion flexible hours of work may be required.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
Reference ID: 1125
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Stock options
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Quality Assurance: 3 years (Required)